Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cupcake Birthday Card



Here's another card using the June Stamp of the Month, With Love. The stamp set itself is flowers, vases, stems and leaves, so you have to think outside of the box for this one!

The cupcake wrapper was created by stamping the short vase from the set on striped paper. The cupcake top is the ice cream from the I Scream stamp set. Candles are stems and the flames are leaves.

Once again, I inked up the embossing folder before running my cardstock through. I would not recommend using Close To My Heart or Stampin' Up's black inks on your folders. They both stain right away. I used a Marvy Uchida black ink pad for this project. Close To My Heart used to carry them, but unfortunately they no longer do.

Colors: Ocean, Black, Vineyard Berry, Buttercup
Stamps: With Love (June Stamp of the Month), I Scream and Today's Date (August Stamp of the Month)
Accessories: Black Organdy Ribbon, pop dots

No comments: