Saturday, September 6, 2008

Glitter Straw Technique card

Sorry I haven't been posting regularly. I just started working full time and am still trying to adjust to working and getting everything else done that needs to be done.

Anyway, I was looking through some cards I made a while ago and came across this card. It's one of my favorites so I just can't bring myself to give it away!

The background on this card was made using the Glitter Straw technique. You take a reinker and drop a few drops randomly on glossy cardstock. Using a straw, blow the reinker around to spread it around the cardstock. Dry with a heat gun. Repeat with second color. Repeat the process with a third color but do not dry completely. Instead, sprinkle Prisma glitter on the third color and let dry.

Your background will turn out different everytime you do it and it looks beautiful!

The butterfly was made by stamping a butterfly on metal foil with Staz On ink and then cutting it out and embossing it with an embossing stylus. I filled the embossed "wells" with Liquid Glass to prevent it from being crushed.

Colors: Garden Green, Hollyhock, Blush
Stamps: Card Sentiments, Spring Possibilities
Accessories: Metal foil sheets, Liquid Glass, Staz-On Ink

No comments: